Expecting mother's who decide to breastfeed during pregnancy, AMC's team will spend time during prenatal visits providing evidence based material on how to achieve satisfying and successful breastfeeding immediately after birth.
Breastfeeding is natures way of providing newborns with the exact amount of nourishment their body requires and maternal antibodies.
Research shows your child's immune system will not be fully mature for many years. While it is developing, he/she will be protected by being breastfed.
We understand that family dynamics may play a roll in a positive breastfeeding experience, therefore our postpartum team will work with each family one on one to help with solutions for a positive breastfeeding experience in your home.
If you are considering breastfeeding, here is list simple list of breastfeeding benefits.
- Baby's whole body and brain benefit immensely.
- Release for mother hormonally causing calmer feelings and involution of the uterus.
- Easier digestion for baby than formula.
- Available fresh instantly for hungry baby.
- Soothing for a crying baby.
- Lifetime bond with your child.
- Free and on demand.
- Aides in pregnancy weight loss.
- Decreased risk of SIDS than formula-fed babies.